Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The Story That Must Be Told

 Last Monday, March 11, I had my tonsils and adenoids removed.  They were causing me some trouble . . . like frequent strep throat, loud snoring, sleep apnea, lots of mucus, and dragon breath.  The doctor took one look at them (they were huge!) and said I definitely qualified for removal.

This was my waiting and dressing room for the morning.  I had a TV that I could move around!  The nurse put numbing cream on my hands.  After a few trips to the bathroom we were off to THE BED, where the nurses and the doctor would get me ready for: The Deed That Must Be Done.  



It was almost time.   I was in the bed of doom and the nurses had given me THE HAT and asked me many questions.  They calmed me down a bit, but I was still having a nervous breakdown.  Then I said, in my head, "O.K., I am going to make a run for it!"  But then the wheels started to turn and I had no chance of escaping.  When we got to the surgical room, the lights were bright and the nurses asked me to move onto the surgical bed.   Then the nurse gave me steaming hot blankets and some laughing gas.  And the next thing I knew, I was aslee....        


I woke up and my mouth was in indescribable pain!  My mom was by my side and the nurse was on the computer.   Then I asked the nurse if she could give some pain medication, so she gave me a popsicle and some stuff through my I.V.
  

We had to say at the hospital for four hours after surgery.   The whole time,  I got to be queen of the hospital, with unlimited popsicles and apple juice.  I got to watch TV - which was awesome -  and I got to leave in a wheelchair.  Even more awesome.


I was welcomed home with presents and hugs and TV.  I was going to be Queen Eva for a week.   I got an ice cream maker from my Uncle Sean and Aunt Amber, which was awesome, and many more gifts after that.  Thank you everyone for the rad presents.

 

O.K.,  first, any cooking magazines who want this picture, just leave a comment and I will get back to you.  This is the ice cream we made with the ice cream maker.  We combined my two favorite flavors: coconut and chocolate.  There are only four ingredients: 1 can of full-fat coconut milk, 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of dark cocoa powder, 1/4 cup honey, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.  


My mom made me soft foods that I could eat, like cake, and I helped clean up.


To top off my week, I was watching TV and wiggling my tooth, when suddenly it flew forward and came out!  So, Queen of the Week, also got a vist from the Tooth Fairy.

The End.  I am almost fully recovered and going to Disney World in a couple weeks!  Bye.


Signing Off, 
Eva and Mom

10 comments:

  1. You were right-that story must be told! I want to be Queen of the hospital just so I can have some of that chocolate coconut ice cream! You are a trooper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aunt Brenda! It was delicious ice cream. Love Evalynn

      Delete
  2. I am so glad that you are doing better. I am going to email a picture to you of when you were very little, staying at our house. You got very sick and had to go to the hospital. You wore a similar hat and night gown... like you did when you got your tonsils removed :) Hopefully, you don't start a collection of these pictures! Love you,
    Grandma Woolf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I looked sick in those pictures! But I don't remember any of it. Maybe it was too much pain, so my mind didn't want to remember it. Thanks for the pictures. Love you, Evalynn

      Delete
  3. Next time we are together can we make some of that ice cream? It sounds like a "Mounds" bar, which is one of my favorites. I'm glad your recovered for the next adventure. Love you Grandpa Woolf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grandpa! It's on! We are making ice cream! Love you, Evalynn

      Delete
  4. Yum! Come visit us in Vegas and make us some of your ice cream! :) I know hospitals can seem scary, but you handle it like a rock star! I'll bet you were tougher than me when I got my root canal. Love you Eva!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Aunt Jen! I love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! I'm behind the times. My husband takes people's tonsils and ads out ALL THE TIME. With your permission, I might pass your ice cream recipe on to him and he can share it with any of his patients who are spunky and fun like you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miss Sarah, of course you may pass along the recipe! Thank you :) Eva

    ReplyDelete