Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Make Your Own Mad Lib

I am learning the 8 parts of speech: noun, verb, adjective, adverb, conjunction, interjection, pronoun, and preposition.

My mom and I started the project of writing my own Mad Lib by completing several Mad Libs ourselves.  It was fun and funny.

Then my assignment was to write a short story about Halloween.  I wrote it on paper, made revisions, typed it, made revisions, and then printed a final draft.  This is the finished masterpiece:


Halloween Party

By Evalynn 

Once upon a time there was a ghost named, Boo. Boo haunted the Landstuhl Castle. Today was special because today was Halloween. Boo invited all of his friends, including Dracula's daughter. The castle was all set; he had put up the decorations, set out the food, and most of all, he had sacred away all the humans. His first guest wasTommy, the ghost, who went straight for the food. Then came The Frankensteins, and after them, The Werwolves. Finally, Dracula came with his daughter, and she went straight to the dance floor. When she passed Boo, she asked him to dance. He said yes, and they danced until the sun came up. Then they said good- bye and flew away. 


With my printed masterpiece, I went through my story and identified the parts of speech that I thought would be fun to change Mad-Lib-style.  Here is my Mad Lib masterpiece:

Halloween Party
By Evalynn 
Once upon a time there was a 1. NOUN named, Boo. Boo 2. VERB PAST TENSE the 3. PLACE. Today was 4. ADJECTIVE because today was 5. HOLIDAY. Boo 6. VERB PAST TENSE all of his 7. PLURAL NOUN, including Dracula's daughter. The castle was all 8. ADJECTIVE; he had 9. VERB PAST TENSE the 10. PLURAL NOUN, set out the food, and most of all, he had 11. VERB PAST TENSE away all the 12. PLURAL NOUN. His first guest was Tommy, the 13. NOUN, who went straight for the food. Then came The Frankensteins, and after them, The Werwolves. Finally, Dracula came with his daughter, and she went straight to the 14. NOUN. When she passed Boo, she asked him to 15. VERB. He said yes, and they 16. VERB PAST TENSE until the 17. NOUN came up. Then they said 18. INTERJECTION and 19. VERB PAST TENSE away.  


I hope you will get a piece of paper and number it 1-19.  Then fill in the parts of speech for each number in my Mad Lib.  When you are done, I hope you have a good laugh.  If you want to comment on my project, I would like to hear from you.  Please include your 19 words so that I can have fun reading your story.  

Signing-Off
Evalynn and Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment