Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Disney World Favorite Rides


As you know - if you read my blog regularly - I just went to Disney World.  Of course my Mom tried to get a couple of assignments out of this vacation.  I hope this is the last one!  She asked me to describe my top three rides at the four parks we visited.  Torture!

Animal Kingdom

1.  Mount Everest

This is my favorite ride; it is a model of Mount Everest, so you get to go up high hills. The ride is boring at first, but then you come to a torn up track where all of a sudden you fly backwards into a dark tunnel. Then you come to an ice cave.  It is a little cold inside.  You see the Yeti's shadow as he tears up a track, then you fly forward and make a run for it.


2.  It's Tough to be a Bug

This is a fun 4-D movie that has you use all your senses. You watch as different bugs are interviewed, and when they interview the stink-bug it stinks up the room.   Then the evil cricket comes in and tries to exterminate you and you can feel the extermination liquid sprayed all over the audience. Then at the end, they have a surprise for you.  All the bugs and maggots exit first and you can feel them crawl under your legs.

3.  Safari Tour

On this ride you go in to an animal reserve while riding in a jungle cruiser. There are three different habitats with different endangered animals. We even spotted lions, and the male was having a bad hair day.

Magic Kingdom 

1.  Space Mountain

This ride takes you into deep space.  You launch into the stars and jolt up, down, and all around!  The "spaceship” takes you to three different places in space.  The best thing is that you can't see the track, but the stars glow, and because it is dark you our surprised by jolts on the track.


2.  Thunder Mountain Railroad

This ride is more jolty than fast.  The first part is really noisy because there are bats in the cave that you start in. You zoom through old mine tracks, one town, and a gyser farm.  This is definitely one ride worth screaming on!

3.  Haunted Mansion 

THIS will give you nightmares!  It's best to go through the graveyard, it passes time and is really fun.  You enter a small room and meet your ghost tour guide;  then you get in your car. Then you go through different rooms and meet all the ghosts in the Disney Word Haunted Mansion.  

Epcot

1.  Soarin'

This is a good ride; it's like a 4-D movie, but way different.  The line is huge so get a fastpass.   When you finally get into your seat you go on an airplane ride. This ride has you use your eyes and your nose.  For example, you fly through an orange grove and the air smells like oranges; you fly down a river in the forest and the air smells like a wet forest.

2.  Mission Space

This ride has warnings everywhere, so if you have a lot of motion sickness STAY OFF THIS RIDE!  In this ride you are heading to Mars in a spaceship.  There are four positions in the spaceship, each has two buttons that need to be pressed when they light up.  If you need to throw-up, then do not worry, there are throw-up bags in the ship.

3.  Test Track

In this ride you design your own car and test it.  You test it for 4 things.  My favorite thing is speed, because you zoom around outside.  If you do not want to design a car then it's o.k., you do not have to, the ride will assign you a car.



Hollywood Studios

1.  Rockin' Rollercoaster

This ride so cool, it is a must go on ride!  But get a fastpass. On this ride you have V.I.P. passes to a rock concert, and you have to get there on time. This was my first loopy rollercoaster and it was my my brothers too. There is loud rock music playing in your eardrums and your head bumps around in the headrest – so you may leave with a headache.


2.  Tower of Terror 

I suggest if you have children that you only take at least a seven-year-old and up because younger children may cry.  On this ride you go in to different rooms, that are almost pitch black, then all of a sudden you fall.   It is a terrifying ride!   Here is a picture for proof... let me point out that my brother has his eyes closed, we have one tear face, and one hug . . . so maybe don't take your kids.


3.Fantasia

This is not really a ride, it's more like a play.  Its really good, they even set the water on fire. Do not worry, it's perfectly safe.  It is story about Mickey's imagination and the good and evil in it.  It is a great rest stop, and a way for the ride times to die down.

Here are a couple more ride pictures for your entertainment.  My favorite is the one of my Mom on Buzz Lightyear, she looks CRAZY!  




Have you been to Disney World?  What are some of your favorite rides?

Signing Off, 
Evalynn and Mom

4 comments:

  1. I like them all. (Except Mission to Mars) That one makes me want to be sick. But, the ones I like best are Mt Everest and Tower of Terror and all the live plays (especially when it's hot) and splash mountain and....
    I can hardly wait!!!
    Love Grandpa Woolf

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait either! Love Evalynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so lucky you live so close to Disney World! Our kids have never been there, but we are hoping to make the journey in 2 years. Maybe you can take us on all the best rides so we don't miss any! Tell your Mom I loved her faces in all the pictures, so great! I'm glad you guys had fun, we miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh. I've been studying for hours and decided I needed a break. This was exactly what my brain desired. Thank you for taking me on your trip and reminding me that life is not always so stressful.

    ps- Oliver's face on Dinosaur made me giggle- legit giggles. Doesn't happen often. Well done :)

    ReplyDelete