Tuesday, January 29, 2013

100th DAY OF SCHOOL

Friday, January 25, was my 100th day of school!  I got to have a lazy day of reading.  In honor of the milestone, my Mom gave me the assignment to research and write about what life was like 100 years ago, and to use my imagination to write about what I think life will be like 100 years in the future.

Here's what I came up with:


What was it like 100 years ago in 1913?
One hundred years ago, the government only spent $6.9 billion; now it spends $3.8 trillion per year.  I'm sure most of you know about the “unsinkable” Titanic.  Well, in 1912 it hit the iceberg and sank.  In 1913, ragtime music was popular and women wore big hats and fancy dresses.  This was the year Thomas Edison invented the talking picture machine.  In January 1913, a doctor wrote an article for the New York Times instructing people to eat pie every day and steak as often as possible.  The Times also reported that a living baby was delivered to his grandmother by the post office for a fee of 15 cents.


What do you think it will be like 100 years from now in 2113?
One hundred years from now school will be shorter because teachers will not teach.   All you will do is have a hat on your head that inputs the knowledge you need to pass the final test.  You will not travel by land, but will teleport where you need to go.  In the future you will will no longer have to worry about checking your spelling, all you will do is say the words and they will show up on the paper spelled correctly.

One hundred years in the future, you will not have to worry about sleeping in because there will be a robot that will get you ready and will teleport you to school without waking you up. The same robot  will do all of your homework in one minute and will clean the house.  Houses will be in the air, suspended by a long pole.  They will have a nature room that can turn in to any type of landscape and climate.  For example, the room could turn from a shady, cool forest to a warm, sunny beach.

What do you think?

Signing Off,
Evalynn and Mom

6 comments:

  1. On Feb. 8th, I get to go to a birthday party for a man that is turning 100! Do you have any questions that you want me to ask him? He is still pretty coherent and with it in his old age:) After reading your report, I know that he's lived through a lot of changes!
    Love ya,
    Grandma Woolf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grandma, will you please ask him what his favorite treats were when he was a little boy? Also, does he remember the first movie he ever saw? Also what he thinks the best invention was during his lifetime?

      Thank you Grandma!
      I love you,
      Evalynn

      Delete
  2. Evie! I love that you are having fun learning. Congratulations on making it 100 days! You're on the home stretch girl! I too, keep track with how long I've been in school (You should ask your mom about it). You're future world sounds absolutely amazing. I especially like the part where spelling doesn't matter. I think proper spelling is overrated ;) Also, they've starting filming the sequel to the Amazing Spider-man! We should watch it together when it comes out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate spelling! My mom told me about your school countdown. Funny! I really hope we get to watch the Amazing Spider-man sequel together.

      Love you,
      Evalynn

      Delete
  3. I can't wait until we can teleport!

    ReplyDelete