Friday, November 16, 2012

Sarah Bishop Timeline and Character Analysis


My Mom and I read this book together.  It is about a young girl, named Sarah Bishop, who lives in New England during the American Revolution.  It is a great book and I highly recommend it.  Sarah has a crazy life, filled with tragedy and adventure.  To capture this, my Mom gave me the assignment to create a timeline of the main events in the story.  Then I was suppose to identify three traits in Sarah that I admire and support them with details from the story.  Here is my assignment:


Sarah Bishop's Timeline
  • Her brother Chad became a patriot soldier.
  • Her father was killed by the Sons of Liberty because he was a loyalist.
  • She was accused of starting a fire that she do not start.
  • Her brother Chad died on a war ship.
  • She escaped from the Redcoats and became a wanted woman.
  • She escaped from Sam Goshen, a man who wanted to do her harm.
  • She moved into a cave on Long Pond.
  • She fought off an Indian that wanted her out of Long Pond.
  • She was accused of witchcraft by witch hunters.
  • She went to trial and was found not guilty of witchcraft.


I think Sarah Bishop is brave because... She was accused of starting a fire she did not start, then she away ran from the Redcoats to live in a cave by herself. She was bitten by a copperhead and survived the bite. She was accused of witchcraft and actually went to to defend herself at the trial.


I think Sarah Bishop is intelligent because... She made a cave into a decent home. She survived on her own in the wilderness. She made almost everything she had in her cave by herself.


I think Sarah Bishop is strong because... She is not afraid to use her musket if someone would cause her harm. She fought off an Indian from her home. She found a way to live in peace even knowing that everyone in her family is dead.  

Signing Off,
*Evalynn* and Mom

1 comment:

  1. Great work Evie! This looks like a great book, I think I will borrow it from the library when I get home. I will let you know what I think after I read it! I think you are strong, intelligent and brave too, keep up the good work! Love you!

    ReplyDelete