Monday, March 25, 2013

Library Clubs

Last week I went to my library clubs again and had a lot of fun.   Here's what I did...

Jewelry Club

In Jewelry Club we learned and practiced the ladder stitch, and it was harder than it looked.   Now that I have a jewelry business, I had to get some supplies, so I spent forty dollars of my own money on my own supplies.  Since then, I have made my Grandma and Mom some gorgeous earrings.  

Ick Club

In Ick Club we played two games.  One was we picked an animal out of a card pile and learned how to use the book search to find a book on our animals, and to find out if they are rodents or not.  My card said mice and rats, and I found two books, one for each.   Both mice and rats are rodents. The other game was Gopher Guts (a memory game).  We had to match cards of different internal parts (like guts) with cards of the external animal, but if we got the spoon we had to turn our backs while someone mixed up the cards.

Book Club

For Book Club we had to read any Magic Treehouse book, then we had to have a good time and create a story diagram using our imaginations.  I read the 10th book in the series, which is called, Ghost Town at Sundown, and this is how my story diagram turned out. What do you think?


The main characters of the story are Jack and Annie.  The genre is fiction.  The problem is they have a riddle to answer.  The solution is they find the answer: echo.  In the beginning of the story they are transported to the Wild West.  In the middle of the story they help Slim, a cowboy, get a little colt back to its mother.  At the end of the story they find the answer to their riddle when Slim calls out, "Who am I?" and the echo answers, "Am I."


This is me and the best librarian ever, Miss Natalie, making our story diagrams.  Thank you Miss Natalie for three fun clubs!

Signing Off, 
Evalynn and Mom

2 comments:

  1. You did a great job describing the library clubs! :-)
    Ms. Natalie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ms. Natalie! I'm so glad you checked-out my blog!

      Delete