Friday, March 29, 2013

Women's History Month



March is Women's History Month.  In light of this, and because I'm learning about the American Revolution this year, my Mom had me read these two books.  I liked them both.  I cannot pick a favorite.

For my assignment, I had to pick 5 of the women featured in the books and do poster reports on them, highlighting 5 facts about each woman.  Here are my posters:






The Nancy Hart State Park in Georgia is only a little over an hour away from our house, so we are going to have a field trip soon.  At the park is a replica of the cabin where she shot the British soldiers.

I hope I can be brave and courageous in my life, like these women were in their lives.  The saying goes,  "Well behaved women never make history."  I'll try to make good choices in my life, but not necessarily do what others think I should do . . . because being ladylike stinks.  (Direct quote.)

Signing Off,
Evalynn and Mom

2 comments:

  1. Very cool. I had heard of most of these women, but didn't know much about their back stories. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Aunt Jen! I wish you and my cousins could go on the field trip with us!

    ReplyDelete