Monday, February 11, 2013


Read . . . Read . . . Read . . . Read!  Owwww - my head hurts because there is too much knowledge in it.

I spent the last couple of weeks reading these books.  I will list them in order of my most favorite to my least favorite.  But you should know that I liked them all:

Swordbird by Nancy Yi Fan.  The author began writing this book when she was 10 years old!  Amazing.  If you like action, you will like this story.

Emmy and the Incredible Shrinking Rat by Lynne Jonell.  If you like fun and magic, you will like this story!

Runt by Marion Dane Bauer.  If you like miracles and rising above adversity, you will like this story!

One Crazy Summer by Rita Williams-Garcia.  If you like historical fiction and drama - or if you want to know more about the Black Panthers or the Civil Rights Movement - you will like this story!

My Mom took me out to lunch and let me give verbal reports on these books, instead of writing, writing, writing, writing.  She says that learning how to talk about books is just as important as learning how to write about books.  I only got a C on my verbal reports, because I was more interested in my cheeseburger and milkshake than talking with my Mom about the books.  My Mom says we are going to have to work on this.

I am busy reading many more books, trying to stuff my head with more knowledge.

Signing Off,
Evalynn and Mom

2 comments:

  1. Feel free to call me anytime and give your verbal book report. What flavor shake did you have with your cheeseburger? Let me guess,,,chocolate!!!!
    Love you - Gramps

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good guess Gramps, but it was Oreos. I will call you the next time I'm assigned a verbal book report. Love ya - Eva

    ReplyDelete