Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Girls Rock . . . and Run

 Twelve weeks ago I started a program called Girls on the Run.  I wasn't so sure I wanted to be in the program, but my Mom said I had to.  Even though I was unsure at first, after the first week I knew I was going to like it.

Twice a week I met with my coach and group, and we talked about things in a girl's life that can bring you down or lift you up.  We also trained for a 5K.  On Saturday, we ran our 5K!

 There were fun activities before the race.  I went to the Happy Hair Station, where I got my hair dyed pink for the race.  I also went to the crown station, where I got to choose a crown with a word on it that I thought best described my feelings about the day.  I really liked the live band they had playing.  I got their autographs.


 Every girl had to run with a partner.  I chose my Mom to run with me.  This is a picture of us before the race.
 This is a picture of us after the race.  I was tired.  I felt like dropping onto the grass and falling asleep.  I was so relieved that it was over, but I was happy with myself for running the race.

 My brothers and my Dad came to cheer me on.

The three most important things I learned from completing the Girls on the Run program are:
1.  Be myself.
2.  Be confident.
3.  Be healthy.

I learned that when I believe in myself, I can do anything.  I totally recommend this program for all girls!  It is a national organization with clubs all over the country.  Here is a link to their website:
http://www.girlsontherun.org/

Signing Off,
*Evanlynn* and Mom

5 comments:

  1. That is awesome! I might have to look into that for Mackenzie. Sounds like something she would love. You rocked the pink hair! Job well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So impressive! I wish I could get my girls to like running as much as I do. It totally makes me happy! (When I'm done...) Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE this post Evie girl! It touched my heart to read the valuable lessons you learned from running the race, brought tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love your website and good job, it takes a lot of work to run a race.

    keep up the good work,
    Hailey

    ReplyDelete