Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Ghosthunters #3: The Totally Moldy Baroness

I have written my first five paragraph book report!  I had to do FIVE drafts.  Is that crazy or what?  Sometimes I was super frustrated, but I am happy I have finally finished it and it's out of my hair.  Here it is:

Book Report by Evalynn


The book I'm reviewing is called, The Totally Moldy Baroness, by Cornelia Funke.  It takes place in Gloomsburg Castle, where a ghost is haunting up a storm.  The time is not the Middle Ages, it is today's time.

The main characters are called The Ghosthunters. They are Hetty, she's the boss; Hugo, he's the ghost; and Tom, he's the brave one.  Hugo is playful and he likes to play jokes on people.  Tom is brave and serious.  Hetty is smart and in-charge.

The plot of the story is that the Ghosthunters have to stop a totally moldy Baroness, who is one of the top most dangerous ghosts. The Ghosthunters get a call saying that the Baroness is haunting up a storm at Gloomsburg Castle. When they get there they shut off her power supply and find out the time, month, place, and date she died. In the end they go to the drawbridge - that's where she died - and get her to touch an old dress she wore when she was alive. When she touches the dress she vaporizes into mist.

My favorite part of the book is when Tom had to put on the dress because he was the only one who fit in it. I think it's funny and so brave at the same time. I mean really, how could anyone guess that a boy would be brave enough to wear an old smelly dress.

I love this book more than any movie. The book is descriptive and always exciting. Anyone who has a brain would like this book.   

Signing Off,
Evalynn and Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment